Last Updated on
Theme of the Week is a post where we ask readers like you to comment with ideas for a particular theme. What ideas and suggestions do you have? What game, craft, apparel choice, theme meal, evening activity, special event, song, skit, or anything else would you do at camp if your theme was…
I will kick off the theme with five suggestions.
- Have a counselor dress up as caveman and introduce a dinosaur hunt. The campers then go out into camp and try to find as many dinosaurs as possible. The dinosaurs can be small plastic dino toys, stuffed animals, or paper cut-outs posted up around the area.
- Each day can be a different theme within the weekly theme of Time Travelers; Pirates, Wild West, Renaissance, Roaring 20s, etc.
- Have a special event where different parts of camp are set-up as different times in history. As the cabin groups travel through time they have to accomplish a task from each era. For example, in the Renaissance area they have to identify 5 inventions of Leonardo da Vinci.
- If doing a different time in history each day, have the staff come up with and perform a skit to introduce the day.
- Build a time machine as a craft project. Bring out various craft supplies and let the campers use their imagination.