Theme of the Week is a post where we ask readers like you to comment with ideas for a particular theme. What ideas and suggestions do you have? What game, craft, apparel choice, theme meal, evening activity, special event, song, skit, or anything else would you do at camp if your theme was…
Here are five suggestions. Leave yours in the comments area below.
- Have campers design and create their superhero costume.
- Have campers create their name, power(s), and the story of their origin.
- Put together a fitness test. Weights that are made of foam, but painted to look real, are great.
- Before bed have the counselors hold a discussion with their campers with superheroes being the theme. Some sample discussion starters might be, “What is an everyday superhero?”, “Who are real heroes?”, “Do superheroes need friends?”
- Have the campers dress up their counselor as a superhero, complete with a backstory. The program director can be a super villain. Or have all the counselors be villains that are in hiding, and the campers (superheroes) have to find them. In other words, run a themed counselor hunt.
Want more ideas? Check out my ebook.