Last Updated on
Recently, on Facebook, someone asked for some suggestions for a Medieval Times Camp. I recommended that she check out the Knights and Princesses post. I also have some other ideas…
- Joust with fun noodles.
- Each cabin group creates a castle with boxes, foam or any other objects you can find.
- The groups now try to take down the other castles with water balloon slingshots, paintballs, Frisbees or any other projectile.
- If you want to offer an engineering project, have the groups build small castles and small catapults to destroy the castles.
- Instead of playing Bat and Moth, make it Dragon and Knight.
- The compass was invented during the Medieval times. Create a fun orienteering course.
- Have you heard of Merlin? Teach some magic.
- Serve huge turkey legs for lunch or dinner.
- Jesters juggle. Teach juggling.
- Crown a king and queen of the day.
- Have morning announcements read from a scroll.
- Capture the Flag is now Capture the Crown.
- Check out these crafts.
- Gather your knights and go on a Black Wizard hunt.
- Gather the towns people (campers) and search for the King’s treasure.
- Have groups create their own coat of arms.
- Learn sword play for the stage. Bring in a sword expert or stuntman.
- Have a falcon handler visit camp.
- Use hour glasses and sundials to keep time.
- Go over one value of the Knight’s Code every morning.
All for one and one for all!