Last Updated on
Theme of the Week is a post where we ask readers like you to comment with ideas for a particular theme. What ideas and suggestions do you have? What game, craft, apparel choice, theme meal, evening activity, special event, song, skit, or anything else would you do at camp if your theme was…
Below are five ideas. Leave your suggestions in the comments area below.
- Divide your camp into multiple teams or tribes. Assign a color to each tribe. Then get each camper a “buff” of their tribe color. I get the solid color tubular bandanas from Tans Club.
- Create challenges and puzzles for the tribes to compete in.
- Instead of having campers “voted off” I keep score throughout the week. After each challenge we have Tribal Council where each tribe votes for another tribe to lose 10 points. They cannot vote for the tribe that won the previous challenge (immunity). The team that gets the most votes loses 10 points.
- I hide a small golden Smurf somewhere in camp and each day I give the tribes a short poem that is a clue to where the hidden immunity idol (golden Smurf) is hidden.
- The campers love the gross eating challenge. You can get edible bugs from online candy stores and Amazon.