Theme of the Week is a post where we ask readers like you to comment with ideas for a particular theme. What ideas and suggestions do you have? What game, craft, apparel choice, theme meal, evening activity, special event, song, skit, or anything else would you do at camp if your theme was…
Below are my five suggestions. Run with the ball. Leave your suggestions in the comments area below.
- Play all the traditional ball sports (basketball, football, lacrosse, volleyball, tennis, golf, etc.), but also play sports the campers may not have tried (bocce ball, cricket, broom ball, water polo, etc.)
- Lead a juggling workshop.
- Teach “ball”room dancing and on one of the evenings have a Masquerade Ball.
- Do you offer cooking as a camp activity? Make popcorn balls.
- Throwing softballs is fun. Throwing softballs at a dunk tank is better. Or use an Alternative Dunk Tank!