Last Updated on
Theme of the Week is a post where we ask readers like you to comment with ideas for a particular theme. What ideas and suggestions do you have? What game, craft, apparel choice, theme meal, evening activity, special event, song, skit, or anything else would you do at camp if your theme was…
Below are five of my ideas. Leave yours in the comments area below.
- Have a staff person play a mad scientist for the week. Have him or her wear a lab coat, crazy white wig, and glasses. They can pop-up at random times to talk science and/or do a quick experiment.
- If you have a sound system, play sounds of a mad science laboratory with bubbling liquid and the occasional explosion.
- Have a science workshop. You can find some great ideas for experiments at the following websites:
- Build and launch rockets. There are all sorts of ways to do this, from low-tech DIY rockets using 2-liter bottles to kits that are more complicated and more exciting. A quick Google search will provide plenty of tutorials and ideas.
- The same goes for robot building. You can build robots out of recyclable material that are more of a craft project, or you can build ones that actually function using existing kits.
Okay, your turn. What are your great ideas?
- Your science fair will be complete with this amazing choice of mad scientist accessories!
- This costume accessory set includes a white mad scientist wig, and stick-on gray mustache...
- 65%Poly//35%Cotton, Machine Wash, Stain Resistant Fabric
- 40" Labcoat--1 Chest Pocket with 2 Lower Pockets
- The Aquapod Bottle Launcher uses science and pressure to propel ordinary 2-liter plastic...
- Portable and easy to use- The Aquapod Water Rocket Bottle Launcher provides hours of...
- Specially STEM education LABS Kit:The 5 erector set are designed to enhance children's...
- A Great Gift for 8-12 Years Old:Create unique STEM Toys for 8-12 years old & teens.