Last Updated on
GoPro cameras are amazing. They can be attached to all sorts of things thanks to the multitude of mounting options that are available. They are very durable. They have great image quality and image stabilization. They can be used in all sorts of conditions by using waterproof cases.
There’s also the signature fisheye look of GoPro videos that is a result of a larger field of view by the camera. You can always remove the fisheye look by using the GoPro editing software, but depending on what you’re using it for, the fisheye look is pretty cool in my opinion.
- 2 Inch touch screen quickly switch between modes, frame The perfect shot and check out...
- Waterproof + durable built tough and waterproof down to 33ft (10M), Hero goes where your...
So here are 10 things you can do at summer camp with a GoPro camera.
1. ROPES COURSE
With the helmet attachment, you can have a camper or staff person wear it while going through the high ropes course at camp. Imagine how neat the video would look while someone did the Leap of Faith or the zipline.
- Mount any GoPro to the front or side of helmets. With the included swivel mount assembly,...
- Versatile front and side helmet-mounting solution.
2. CLIMBING WALL
You can either mount the camera on a helmet or mount it to the top of the wall looking down to the climbers. Better yet, do both and edit the videos into one epic climbing video.
3. COLOR WAR VIDEO
Having different people wear a head strap while competing in the different events and then editing them all together would make for a fantastic video.
- Waterproof head-strap camera mount; compatible with all GoPro cameras including GoPro...
- One size fits all; fits directly on head or over most helmets
4. CAMP DOG
Get yourself a GoPro dog harness and let Fido roam camp. It would be neat to see what the camp dog does all day.
- 【Dog Perspective】- The action camera dog harness features camera mounts on the back,...
- 【Large Compatibility】- Perfectly work with GoPro HERO7, GoPro HERO6, GoPro 5 Session,...
5. MOUNTAIN BIKING
This is the type of activity that the GoPro was created for. Follow the mountain biking group on a trail ride via the helmet cam.
- Built-in action camera mount is perfect for recording all of your riding adventures
- Camera mount is GoPro Hero (2, 3, 3+, 4, 5 or 6) compatible and allows you to film...
6. AERIAL VIEW OF CAMP
Do you have a little extra money in the budget? Once you have your GoPro camera, it’s time to get a drone that will hold it. Once attached, fly the drone over the entire camp to get amazing aerial shots. No longer do you have to pay thousands of dollars for a helicopter and videographer to do one set of shots. Now you can do it yourself as many times as you want.
If you want to take your drone footage up a notch, get one with a built-in 4k camera. Both options can be seen below.
- SO MUCH FUN - This drone is Different From Your Average Toy, It Flies FAST & It goes FAR,...
- 15-17 MINUTE FLIGHT TIME: The Blackhawk Flies for up to 17 Minutes on Medium Throttle...
- 32.0MP sphere panoramas - In addition to horizontal, vertical, and 180° panoramas, Mavic...
- Lightweight and compact foldable design - You can take it anywhere with you.
7. TIME LAPSE VIDEO
Thanks to the durability and resilience to the elements of the GoPro cameras, you can set-it up to do a time-lapse video of a certain part of camp. Catch all that is happening at the lake including the sunrise and sunset. Set it up to capture the day’s activities at the flagpole, or in the dining hall.
All of your staff and campers are wearing helmets for this activity anyway, so why not attach a GoPro to one. A video that includes campers brushing the horse, trail rides, jumping and anything else you do in your horse program, would make for good viewing.
9. ALL CAMP MUSIC VIDEO
Get everyone together to make a fun video to a meaningful or favorite song.
- ALLOWS USERS TO MOUNT THE GOPRO ON THE CHEST AND SHOOT HANDS FREE: With your camera...
- FULLY ADJUSTABLE AND SUITABLE FOR ALL SHAPES AND SIZES: Waist strap adjusts from 25 inches...
From sailing to getting launched off the lake blob, water skiing to canoeing, GoPros can catch all the action at the waterfront.
- PORTABLE TELESCOPING LENGTH - Extending from 10" to 25" and weighing just 7 Ozs, it is the...
- DESIGNED IN CALIFORNIA - SANDMARC Pole Compact Edition is designed to fit all GoPro Hero...
11. CEILING OF CRAFT SHACK
Attaching a GoPro to the ceiling of your craft shack or makerspace gives an indoor bird’s eye view of the arts and crafts program.
- Arm Gopro Mount Magic Arm Come with 1/4"-20 screw thread; Max Loaded 0.5Kg (1lb)
- Gopro Wall Mount Magic Arm Length: 4 inches (9.2 cm);
12. PROMO VIDEO
By taking all the footage you were able to gather at the various areas of camp, you can now put together an informative and exciting promo video.