Last Updated on
Theme of the Week is a post where we ask readers like you to comment with ideas for a particular theme. What ideas and suggestions do you have? What game, craft, apparel choice, theme meal, evening activity, special event, song, skit, or anything else would you do at camp if your theme was…
Raiders of the Lost Artifact
Below are five ideas. Leave your suggestions in the comments area below.
- Decorations are a must. Not sure how to decorate for an Indiana Jones theme? Read this.
- Create an old diary or journal with torn out pages. Hide the pages around camp and have the campers search for them. With the diary completed the campers may be able to find the lost artifact (whatever you decide that should be).
- In the first scene of Raiders of the Lost Ark Indiana Jones finds an idol that is on a “trap”. He tries to switch the idol for a bag of sand hoping that they are the same weight. You can recreate this “challenge” by using a scale. Create a foam rock to hide the scale in. Campers can come up and add sand to a bag then switch the camp idol for the bag. If they are right on with the weight their cabin keeps the idol for the week. If the bag weighs more or less than the idol they will be slimed or squirted with a water gun or they will set off whatever other booby trap you want to set up.
- Have cabin groups go through the “Lave Pit” team building initiative. You can substitute snakes for the lava.
- I don’t know how good it is but you can get an e-booklet with a lot of other ideas here.