Last Updated on
Theme of the Week is a post where we ask readers like you to comment with ideas for a particular theme. What ideas and suggestions do you have? What game, craft, apparel choice, theme meal, evening activity, special event, song, skit, or anything else would you do at camp if your theme was…
Below are five ideas. Leave your suggestions in the comments area below.
- Set out all your crafts supplies and let the campers create whatever they want. You can even hold a contest for the most original craft.
- Have cabin groups create a theme park. What rides would they have? What kind of food would be served? Would there be themes? How about shows?
- I can’t remember where I read about the activity “Thing-a-majig” but I’ve used it many times. After dinner each cabin group has 15 minutes to find items around camp. At least half of the supplies must be natural (sticks, rocks, etc.). Then they have another 15-20 minutes to create a product using the supplies. Then everyone heads down to the campfire where 1 or 2 representatives of each cabin group gives a sales pitch for their new product.
- Gather a ton of Legos and let each cabin create their own masterpiece that they show off during one of the meals.
- Set out a set of balls, cones, wood planks, goals, Frisbees, rope, or whatever you have and let each age group design their own challenge. Once the challenge has been designed the age groups will return to their cabin groups and play the game/challenge to see who wins.