Last Updated on
Theme of the Week is a post where we ask readers like you to comment with ideas for a particular theme. What ideas and suggestions do you have? What game, craft, apparel choice, theme meal, evening activity, special event, song, skit, or anything else would you do at camp if your theme was…
Game Show Mania
Here are my five suggestions. Think you got better ideas? Leave them in the comments area below.
- Let’s Make a Deal – See my post on running this game show for kids. It’s fun and the campers will love it. Make sure that one camper is picked from each cabin/group to be a contestant.
- Family Feud – Cabin Feud might be more appropriate. Run this just like the show only shorter (with 2 rounds). Have two cabins that are the same ages go against each other. When they are done have the next two cabins go, as the rest of camp watches. Before the game show, get your questions ready and survey the camp staff for answers.
- Newlywed Game – Call it something else since the contestants aren’t Newlyweds, but play it the same way as the original television program. Have camp staff pair up with the staff member they know the most about. Then run the game just like the show but with more appropriate questions.
- Nickelodeon’s Double Dare – Here is a game show that takes a lot of prep but is hilarious to watch. Team up a camper from each age group for teams and have girls vs. boys. The rest of the camp watches.
- Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader? – Take 4 or 5 of your 5th-grade campers and have them be on the panel. Have one of your counselors be the contestant. Now look online for 1st-5th grade questions. It’s time to see how much your counselors remember from their elementary school education.
Check out my PDF ebook below.