Theme of the Week is a post where we ask readers like you to comment with ideas for a particular theme. What ideas and suggestions do you have? What game, craft, apparel choice, theme meal, evening activity, special event, song, skit, or anything else would you do at camp if your theme was…
Below are five ideas. Leave your suggestions in the comments area below.
- Have you heard of a “Snipe” hunt? Create a new animal and have the campers go and search for it around camp. You can give them clues, like “it likes to hang out in trees”. Have the crafts director make the creature out of craft supplies or a sock (or whatever else, the crazier the better). Then hide the creature and let the fun begin.
- Turn the rec room into the surface of a planet. Have different “Space” projects, experiments, etc. going on. Let the campers explore the new planet.
- Create a new world where everything is a little different. An example would be that everything is backwards; signs, meals, clothes, etc. Set it up late at night so when the campers wake up they realize something is different. Let them explore this new world by walking around camp. Attention to detail will make or break this idea.
- Serve a buffet of foods from different countries and let the campers explore with their taste buds.
- Have the campers explore the perfect camp in their mind and then ask them for suggestions for new camp customs and traditions. (I realize I’m reaching on this one, but I ran out of ideas 🙂