You most likely have an interview sheet already created with specific questions on them. Here are some that you might want to add to that sheet, if they are not already on there.
- You just won counselor of the year by your peers/supervisors/teens/parents; why?
- What is your greatest personality asset working with kids?
- What is the difference between punishment and discipline?
- What is the difference between yelling and raising your voice?
- What are you much better at than you used to be?
- What hobbies, special interests or talents do you have that you think might be useful here?
- Who is your personal hero?
- Why did you decide to choose this organization for employment?
- How do you handle a stressful situation?
- There are 3 problems to deal with and a kid tugging on you. Your co-counselor is sitting on the side. What do you do to defuse the situations?
- Why are you a good role model?
- Describe what you think your job duties would be.
- Come up with a 10 minute game for ages 6-11.
- Describe yourself in 5 words or less.
- If I asked a previous co-worker what your greatest strength is, what would they say?
What are some great interview questions you use?