Last Updated on
I enjoy running game shows and trivia contests with staff and campers. Here are a few that I have done in the past.
- Family Feud
- The Hermione Challenge (Harry Potter Camp)
- Who Wants to Be a Wizard (Harry Potter Camp)
- The District Game Show (Hunger Games Camp)
- Double Dare
- The Great Staff Trivia Challenge
- Are You Smarter Than a Camper?
- Name That Tune
- Ultimate Charades
- Staff Training Jeopardy
Whether I am running a game show for campers or testing my staff in a quiz show during staff training, there is one thing that all my game shows above have in common…buzzers.
Like most camps that run any kind of trivia contest or game show, I used to rely on the raising of hands. The first hand that goes up is chosen to answer the question. As you know this almost always causes arguments and feelings of unfairness because we are human and sometimes we don’t see that another person’s hand has gone up first. Or two hands go up at the same time, and we hem and haw about who should be the one to answer the question.
A couple of years ago I had had enough. I decided to look for game show buzzers that were easy to transport and had the ability to lock out the other buzzers. After considering a variety of buzzers I decided to go with Me First v.2 Wireless Game Buzzers. Why?
- While they aren’t inexpensive, they are less expensive than the commercial game show buzzers.
- They have the ability to lock out other contestants.
- They are small and easily transportable.
- The first buzzer pushed will light up green while the others are red.
- No software or computer is needed.
- The buttons can be reset using the facilitator’s button.
- It’s all wireless.
If you run any sort of game show at camp or during your staff training I highly recommend the Me First v.2 Wireless Game Buzzers.
- 13-piece starter kit includes 12 wireless light-up player buzzers (batteries included)
- 1 facilitator control unit (batteries included)