Last Updated on
The guys dish up a huge list of Outdoor Ed ideas and activities. This episode is more to give you a starting place and not a complete how-to lesson. Take some of these awesome ideas and make them your own to fit your program and location!
- Hikes – Help to appreciate and respect the outdoors.
- Night hikes – learning smells, seeing the stars, and other fun things to do in the dark.
- Tree study – from Hug a Tree to Identifying Trees to making your own Tree Cookies.
- Solar Learning – Talking about the weather, flying a solar balloon, printing with the sun, or even telling time with it.
- Outdoor Living Skills – Survival, Cooking, Fire Building, and even Shelter Building.
- Water Study – River Cleanup, Beach and Ocean learning, Creeks and Erosion and more.
- Animals – Zoo Camp and wild Habitats
- Other Ideas – The guys share other random ideas that you can tie into your learning that really help the campers gain a desire to learn more!
Tools of the Week (Favorite Vendor for Outdoor Ed Supplies) – This week the guys both agree on their favorite vendor for Outdoor Ed supplies, Nature Watch (nature-watch.com). This site has pretty much everything you need including lessons, objectives, and even Common Core Standards that are covered.