C² (Curt & Chris) talk about Camp-Wide Games and a bit of Icebreakers this week.
Camp-Wide Games are games where the entire Camp is playing.
Some tips from Curt:
- Have counselors act out the rules to show the kids how to play instead of just giving instructions verbally.
- Mix it up a bit (example: Change the flag for Capture the flag to an inflatable Shark)
- Theme it (Example: Pirate Flags and Eye patches)
- Check out Curt’s book How to Create Epic Camp Wide Games on Patchwork.
Some Game Ideas from Chris:
– Just have conversations on different topics.
– Concentric Circles (similar to Speed Dating)
– Teamwork and Teamplay Cards from Jim Cain
– Raccoon Circles book by Jim Cain
Our Tools of the Week (Favorite Product)
Curt: Game Show Buzzers
- His first choice is the high quality, but expensive, Me First Wireless Buzzers.
- His second choice is the low cost Learning Resources Answer Buzzers.
Chris: Green Laser Pointer purchased on Wish.com.