Last Updated on
1. Christmas Lights
Christmas lights can be placed a lot of different ways. They can be wrapped around bunks, pinned to the ceiling, go around a window, made into a shape on the wall, etc. I remember as a counselor how many times a camper would ask me to leave the bathroom light on. Christmas lights take place of the ‘night light’.
Getting a short line of small blue lights is the trick. You don’t want it too light. Of course, if you don’t want them inside place them on the outside of the cabin. Your cabin will certainly stand out at night.
- Holiday Wonderland 100 Count Blue Mini Light Set
- Set On Green Wire
2. Chore Chart
Creating a chore chart is not only a way to “decorate” your cabin, it is also a useful tool. You can create one on a dry erase board, poster board, or butcher paper.
Simply create a blank template and write in the chores and the camper’s names. Then assign them chores for each day. See the example below.
- DRY ERASABLE, REUSABLE AND RECYCLABLE - Easy to clean. Clean with Dry or Wet wipe Just...
- EXTRA LARGE SPACES & LOOKS GREAT - 12" x 16" and Large Size of Each Grid. Have Plenty of...
3. Photos of Cabin Groups
If your camp runs one or two week sessions, take photos of each of your cabin groups and hang them up on the wall. You can get some pretty inexpensive frames from a dollar store or place like Walmart. Here’s one I like from Gold Arrow Camp.
- CLASSIC STYLE - Beautiful PS frames with beaded edge, complements any décor; Durable...
- ECO-FRIENDLY - Icona Bay PS materials are recycled; No trees were cut to make these frames
4. Cabin Group Flags
Grab a 3’x5′ piece of white fabric from the fabric store for each cabin group you’ll have over the summer, and have each group create a cabin flag on the first day. Have them come up with an image, figure out which campers can draw, and grab the markers. After it’s done have each camper and counselor sign it.
Now hang it up in the cabin using push pins or on the outside of the cabin, if you don’t think anyone will take it.
- Pack includes 20 fine writer bullet-tip fabric markers in a rainbow of ultra bright colors
- Nontoxic and safe to use for all ages
5. Themed Decorations
If your camp has themes each week, use the theme as your decoration inspiration. Something as simple as a pirate flag during Pirate Week would be great.
- Flag is dye-sublimated with beautiful bold colors.Bright Color with Fade Resistant - The...
- Quality Material - Imported. Made of 100% durable polyester. Strengthened by canvas header...
Bonus: Restroom Art
- ADD FUN TO YOUR BATHROOM EXPERIENCE - Update the vibe of your home's smallest room in a...
- MINIMALISTIC YET HILARIOUS ART PRINTS - These bathroom wall designs are set against a...