Over a year ago I began a podcast called The Summer Camp Pro Podcast. It was short-lived with only 7 episodes. I called it quits because, to be honest, I really didn’t enjoy doing it. Episodes can still be found on iTunes.
Recently, my Patchwork Marketplace partner, Patti Sampson, and I started a new podcast called Rec Heads and Camp Nerds. This is a WEEKLY show. Some episodes are interviews and others are just us rambling about recreation and camp. The question is – will this podcast last? Here are 4 reasons why I think it will.
- Having a partner that you can play off of during the episodes (and one who likes to laugh a lot) makes podcasting much more enjoyable.
- We have a variety of topics we can cover since we talk about community recreation and summer camp.
- This is a weekly show and therefore there are deadlines when it comes to recording and editing. Deadlines are good for me. They don’t allow me to procrastinate.
- We already have people lined up months in advance to be interviewed.
As of this writing, we have 11 episodes recorded and 6 of those are available to listen to on Patchwork Marketplace (where you can also check out the show notes), iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play Music, and Tune In.
The 6 episodes available are:
- Episode 1: Wrapping Up Camp and Ramping Up in Recreation
- Episode 2: Melanie Dash and Camp No Limits
- Episode 3: Halloween Event Ideas
- Episode 4: Roxy Peterson on Art Programs at Camp
- Episode 5: Celebrating Odd Holidays
- Episode 6: Adult Camps
There are a few podcasts available already where the hosts talk about summer camps. Why should you add ours to your podcast playlist?
- If you’re a recreation professional (rec head) who also runs summer camps, we cover both.
- If you’re a summer camp nerd…um, I mean pro who is not a rec head, you can listen to every other episode.
- If you like your podcasts to be entertaining and informative, we are the goofballs to bring that to you.
- If you want something to listen to weekly and not have to wait a month or longer, check us out.
Hopefully, I have convinced you to give my new podcast a chance. Now I’m also going to ask you for a favor (or three)…
- Add the Rec Heads and Camp Nerds podcast to your playlist on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play Music or other favorite app.
- Leave a rating on iTunes and/or Stitcher. This really helps the podcast to be seen by others.
- Leave comments about the episodes on our show notes pages.
- Suggest future topics in the comments below.
Thank you so much.