Theme-of-the-Day is a daily post where we ask readers to leave their summer camp ideas, using the day’s theme, in the comments section. What ideas and suggestions do you have for the Theme of the Day? What game, craft, apparel choice, theme meal, evening activity, special event, song, skit, or anything else would you do at camp if your theme was…
We Are Family
Below are five ideas. Leave your suggestions in the comments area below.
- Lots of teambuilding activities.
- Have campers take pictures and create picture books that can be signed by other campers.
- Have the cabin groups create their own flag – sort of like a families coat of arms.
- Groups can create a great bond by taking long hikes and having meaningful conversations while hiking,
- At the end of the week have a “family reunion picnic”. Imagine all the cabin groups are all related. Each one of them is a family within the big camp family.