Theme of the Week is a post where we ask readers like you to comment with ideas for a particular theme. What ideas and suggestions do you have? What game, craft, apparel choice, theme meal, evening activity, special event, song, skit, or anything else would you do at camp if your theme was…
As always I will kick off the theme with five suggestions. Then it’s your turn to leave your awesome suggestions and ideas in the comments area below.
- For those campers that enjoy writing, give them a location, two character names and an animal, and have them create a story no longer than 3-5 pages.
- For campers who enjoy film, break them into teams and give them a phrase and object that they all must use in their short film. Give them 48 hours to complete it, and then show them to the rest of the camp at the camp film festival.
- For the actors, have them either tell a story, or act one out in an original skit during campfire.
- For those that enjoy photography, have them tell a story using pictures. Then hang their stories in the dining hall.
- The artists can draw their story, or illustrate the writers stories. They might enjoy creating posters for the short films.