Theme-of-the-Day is a daily post where we ask readers to leave their summer camp ideas, using the day’s theme, in the comments section. What ideas and suggestions do you have for the Theme of the Day? What game, craft, apparel choice, theme meal, evening activity, special event, song, skit, or anything else would you do at camp if your theme was…
Below are five ideas. Leave your suggestions in the comments area below.
- All food must be eaten by hand. Bring out the turkey legs.
- Teach campers how to juggle. Start off with silks and gradually make your way to tennis balls. Maybe your campers can get as good as this guy one day.
- A Renaissance Man (or Woman) is considered to be someone who excels in multiple fields. Choose a female and male camper as Renaissance Campers. They would be the ones who excel at many of the camp activities.
- The Town Crier should dress up and yell out the morning announcements to the camp.
- Sword fighting and archery were two martial disciplines of the time. For archery set up a sandbag dummy with an apple on his head. See if the kids can hit it.