Theme-of-the-Day is a daily post where we ask readers to leave their summer camp ideas, using the day’s theme, in the comments section. What ideas and suggestions do you have for the Theme of the Day? What game, craft, apparel choice, theme meal, evening activity, special event, song, skit, or anything else would you do at camp if your theme was…
As always I will kick off the theme with five suggestions. Then it’s your turn to leave your awesome suggestions and ideas in the comments area below.
- I love treasure hunts. Hide plastic crocodiles, lizards, snakes, koalas, and kangaroos around your treasure hunt area or along a hiking trail.
- Get a few inflatable crocodiles and an Australian Flag for decorations. Of course, you can include anything with a kangaroo, koala and a picture of the Sydney Opera House as well.
- Get a couple of beginner boomerangs for a throwing class and competition. Boomerangs come in different types, sizes, and for right hand and left hand throwers.
- Have the staff create a good Crocodile Hunter skit.
- Play some traditional games of the indigenous people of Australia. For a list of games check out this Australian site.