Theme-of-the-Day is a daily post where we ask readers to leave their summer camp ideas, using the day’s theme, in the comments section. What ideas and suggestions do you have for the Theme of the Day? What game, craft, apparel choice, theme meal, evening activity, special event, song, skit, or anything else would you do at camp if your theme was…
Below are five ideas. Leave your suggestions in the comments area below.
- Hold Camp Olympics, of course. Winners are crowned as the camp demigods.
- Hold Color Wars and have the older campers (Spartan’s 300) go against the rest of camp (The Persian Army).
- Hold a mini marathon and talk about the history behind it, why 26-2 miles is called a marathon.
- Have the staff dress as the gods of Olympus.
- Create a Trojan horse for the camp craft. I don’t know the best way to do this. I looked around for a good Trojan horse craft but didn’t like what I saw. I’m sure if you have an ace crafts instructor/director he or she can come up with something good.